Spring 2015 LEAPS will be on Saturday, March 28!
LEAPS Spring 2015: Youth, Health & Wellness
Starting this Spring 2015, LEAPS will be new and improved! Our LEAPS team is striving for more meaningful service in our TCU community therefore we are launching a pilot for a new LEAPS platform. Each semester will have a theme and this semester’s focus theme is Youth, Health & Wellness. In promoting this theme, we hope to educate the community about youth, health & wellness issues in our community and furthermore actively engage in serving this particular issue area.
Look out for educational events during LEAPS Week (Monday March 2nd – Friday March 6th) and to learn more about our campus-wide day of service! Overall, our day of service this semester will focus on our theme of Youth, Health & Wellness and will involve community volunteer activities planned by your Community Liaisons student leaders.
This semester’s day of service will on Saturday, March 28th 2015. There will only be a morning shift. Registration details are as follows:
- Group sign up: Monday March 2nd – Sunday, March 8th
- Individual sign up: Monday March 9th – 5:00PM Wednesday, March 25th
*Note on registration
During the group sign up the following sites will be open for registration:
- Easter Seals: Walk With Me Fun Walk
- African American Health Expo
- Reading Frogs
- Trinity River Clean up
After group registration period ends, the remaining sites will open for sign up.
The following bullets will explain group registration instructions:
- Each organization will be responsible for selecting their own service site. We recommend that if you have a large group of Leaps participants that you select a site that can accommodate a maximum amount of volunteers exceeding the number of Leaps participants that your group is planning to bring.
- You can select your group’s service site by viewing the option of service sites and having each of your group members register for that particular site.
- Since each organization will select their own service site, you are responsible for sharing the site you selected with your group members. Make sure your group members go in and register themselves.
- Group registration will be open from Monday March 2nd through Friday March 6th. We strongly recommend that you encourage all of your group members to register via OrgSync no later than the deadline. After the March 6th deadline, we cannot guarantee that group members who have not already registered will be assigned to the service site your group has selected.